Skip to main content

Kirk Franklin

Losing my religion review.


Well my version of a review.  
This post is long over due.(well all my reviews are; just watch out for them *wink*). I have procrastinated this for a very long time (yeah not my finest quality, I'm a work in progress). I downloaded this album on 18th November 2015 and I'm just writing a review. (smh) .

The list of tracks on the album are in a sequential order; one track precedes another.

*The first track; Losing my religion is a monologue. Basically the vicissitudes of life.

*Miracles follows. I mean after the ups and downs of life, of course miracles are bound to happen. My favorite phase is 'My life is a miracle, can't deny it I'm a miracle.

*123 Victory is next on the track; one of my favorite. It sounds like something for cheer leading (lol) . It even begins with 'Hey Yo 123 Victory!'

*Road Trip; is nothing short of beautiful teaching (well me) that the joy is in the journey and how awesome the end of the trip would be. Its a daily reminder to be honest. That our trip on this side of eternity is for a while (though it would be difficult) and the end would be glorious.

*Pray for me; Even has the Lord's prayer in it. It reminds me of Underestimate Prayer Link. Pray just too important. Every religion believes in prayer; I mean prayer is bae sef (lol)

*Wanna be happy; This one is a must listen too. If you don't even download the album, just please download and listen to this track. Like who doesn't want to be happy? But we keep doing stuff that doesn't make us happy. 'The truth can hurt you or the truth can change you'

*It's Time featuring Tasha Page Lockhart and Zacardi Cortez; bottom line; there's no sound sweeter than when God says it's time. God's time is always the best.

*True Story; my favorite line is 'Everyday we say, Lord, please help me I'm lost, don't leave' because I don't know about you I say this everyday. That's one of my prayer points 'Lord don't leave me to myself' (That's my own true story *smiles sheepishly*)

*Over; bottom line 'If God says its not over; get up cause its not over'. This phrase was repeated several times to emphasize that if you have breath its not over. (So izz NOT all over Jackie *smiles sheepishly*)

*When featuring Kim Burrell and Lalah Hathaway; is a question, I asked Jesus everyday. When would you come take me home? earth is tiring abeg. Its a very nice piece which reminds you that there's a home waiting for you.

*My world needs you featuring Sarah Reeves, Tasha Cobbs and Tamela Mann; very solemn song, in fact you can play it for a child to sleep (grins). In these times to be honest we need Jesus more than ever.

*Intercession; in layman terms 'EPP me'. Jesus our intercessor. This songs helps you to take time out just to appreciate the intercession Jesus does for you. Just look at how it starts:
Jesus please mention my name when you talk to your father today
Life down here feels so strained my brokenness is in the way
I'm not that good
Don't pray like I should
Yet I'm amazed you get me through
He see's me but he hears you.

*And finally No sleep tonight; not a TGIF song oh biko (lol). I'll say its like a charge for evangelism because He was saying 'let's talk about love, life, faith, patience, grace, forgiveness, if not whose gonna sleep tonight.


Yeah. That's it guys. If you haven't heard of Losing my religion by Kirk Franklin, err are living under a rock? If you haven't downloaded the album please what are you waiting for??


With love, theInspiredCutiee 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2

If you missed Part 1, here is the link: http://theinspiredcutiee.blogspot.com.ng/2015/10/part-1.html#more Part 2: Habit A habit is something done repeatedly sometimes sometimes unconsciously. 40% of everything we do is done merely from habit. Experts say that a habit can be broken or formed in 30 days. I have bad habits, (cell phone addiction, PROCRASTINATION) some I don't even know how I'll be if I stop,(watching too much series) some I have stopped, (I used to suck my lower lip) and I'm sure you too have some habits that are bad. No judgment, habits form us, its when they are bad that it becomes a problem. Breaking a habit can seem overwhelming, especially when you have more than one. Choose a single habit and work on that until you are victorious before you pick up another one. Lemme share a classic example, I began to exercise daily few weeks ago, normal body pains are expected, but me I stopped.  I couldn't deal. On Saturday 24th October I

End It?

I love the series 'How To Get Away With Murder' not necessarily because of its name or its characters or storyline but because I love very good series scripts and the above is definitely on my top ten list. I'm not about to rave about the series, lol, (you can go online, download it or go to the nearest DVD retail outlet and 'grab your copy now') but to talk about the advice Annalise Keating (played by Viola Davis) gave to Nate's Wife - Nia Lahey (who is dying of ovarian cancer in the show) Here's an excerpt from the episode: Nia: I want you to end it Annalise: I'm sorry? Nia: I want you to kill me Then after so much consideration and guilty conscience, here is how it went down: Annalise: I think about it a lot; killing myself, I have ever since I was a child, lot of times I think the world would be a much better place without me in it, but I don't do it. You are a better woman than me, and if I don't deserve to die then you definitel

Part 1

In one of his songs, Nathaniel Bassey described Zechariah 4:6 (Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit; saith the Lord) as thus; So many of us have tried to fight addiction in the flesh, you've tried to stop that habit, you've tried to get out of that relationship, you've tried to break through, you've tried will power BUT its not by power not by might but by my Sprit saith the Lord. Hence the kick off of the series, (they don't follow each other in the traditional sense of series, think of it like American Horror Story Series) Part 1: ADDICTION Dictionary dot com defines it as the state of being enslaved to a habit, or practice or to something that is physiologically or physical habit-forming as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. A couple of months back, my brother and I were arguing over 'habit' 'addiction' and 'obsession', which comes first?, which is difficult to break? and so much more. Can