Skip to main content

The Single Series



These series started off as a rant, but I decided to be inspiring, (as usual, hehe), you can read the Kick Off post.

Society has marked and termed the single phase as negative, (but then again, that’s what happens when you live in a fallen world) our culture has blinded many, and people are damaged when they don’t have proper aim.

But, reality check; this phase, this single phase is the most important phase of your life, you are literally not responsible for anyone but yourself. Culture is a moving target; don’t set your relationship at culture.

Society makes you think – you need someone to make you better. If you are not enough with who you are as a single person; you won’t be satisfied in a relationship. Then again, if God is not enough, you are not enough, no person would ever be.

Reality check; God wants you to excel in your relationships, His rules are not for Him, but for you! He wants you alone first – single phase before the ‘person’ or in popular terms; ‘the one’ comes. He wants to be one with you first before the one!

Society says #RelationshipGoals #PicturePerfect - if your couple picture isn’t lit enough; you don’t have couple goals. We are so fazed and blindsided by the outer appearance of what perfect relationships should look like, if you don’t appear on the gram with numerous likes or BellaNaija, you haven’t arrived? Really?

Reality check again; Man looks at the outer appearance, God doesn’t. He wants to give you a vision and show you your purpose in relationships, the best time to grab this - is when you are single.

But hey, you may say; ‘so what if I am already in it without purpose’? ‘Does this mean I can’t be redeemed’ or have a good relationship’ Of course there is hope and mercy for us. God’s love and mercy is never-ending. But why wait till you are in it to grasp the truth?



Watch out for part 2!



With love,
TheInspiredCutiee 😘 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2

If you missed Part 1, here is the link: http://theinspiredcutiee.blogspot.com.ng/2015/10/part-1.html#more Part 2: Habit A habit is something done repeatedly sometimes sometimes unconsciously. 40% of everything we do is done merely from habit. Experts say that a habit can be broken or formed in 30 days. I have bad habits, (cell phone addiction, PROCRASTINATION) some I don't even know how I'll be if I stop,(watching too much series) some I have stopped, (I used to suck my lower lip) and I'm sure you too have some habits that are bad. No judgment, habits form us, its when they are bad that it becomes a problem. Breaking a habit can seem overwhelming, especially when you have more than one. Choose a single habit and work on that until you are victorious before you pick up another one. Lemme share a classic example, I began to exercise daily few weeks ago, normal body pains are expected, but me I stopped.  I couldn't deal. On Saturday 24th October I

End It?

I love the series 'How To Get Away With Murder' not necessarily because of its name or its characters or storyline but because I love very good series scripts and the above is definitely on my top ten list. I'm not about to rave about the series, lol, (you can go online, download it or go to the nearest DVD retail outlet and 'grab your copy now') but to talk about the advice Annalise Keating (played by Viola Davis) gave to Nate's Wife - Nia Lahey (who is dying of ovarian cancer in the show) Here's an excerpt from the episode: Nia: I want you to end it Annalise: I'm sorry? Nia: I want you to kill me Then after so much consideration and guilty conscience, here is how it went down: Annalise: I think about it a lot; killing myself, I have ever since I was a child, lot of times I think the world would be a much better place without me in it, but I don't do it. You are a better woman than me, and if I don't deserve to die then you definitel

Part 1

In one of his songs, Nathaniel Bassey described Zechariah 4:6 (Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit; saith the Lord) as thus; So many of us have tried to fight addiction in the flesh, you've tried to stop that habit, you've tried to get out of that relationship, you've tried to break through, you've tried will power BUT its not by power not by might but by my Sprit saith the Lord. Hence the kick off of the series, (they don't follow each other in the traditional sense of series, think of it like American Horror Story Series) Part 1: ADDICTION Dictionary dot com defines it as the state of being enslaved to a habit, or practice or to something that is physiologically or physical habit-forming as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. A couple of months back, my brother and I were arguing over 'habit' 'addiction' and 'obsession', which comes first?, which is difficult to break? and so much more. Can