Skip to main content

The SS 3


If you’ve been following these series, you know they started off as a rant, but I decided to be inspiring, (as usual, hehe). If you haven’t – you can read Kick off and Part 1 and Part 2.

Here are some few key words, to jog up the memory: 


Yes, the single phase is #cool, but, today, we’ll look at two myths. (the third myth would be discussed later).

I begin by debunking the first myth:

·         I don’t need anybody

Au contraire my dear, God wants a relationship with me, God wants me to be in relationships with others, He created me to a be a relational being, and He doesn’t make mistakes, even if I am introverted, I need people. In fact, isolation is where the devil thrives and feeds me lies. God says in the Bible:

‘it is not good for man to be alone’
-       Genesis 2: 18

He knew since the beginning; as clichéd as it may sound, two are always better than one:

‘two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour’
-       Ecclesiastes 4:9
 
So, if God created me to be a relational being, then…

·         Just anyone would do.

This is the second myth.

Which is why it’s important to ask; why am I getting into this relationship? Is it helpful? What direction is this heading towards – this is literally the meaning of relationship goals. You can’t have ‘goals’ without an ‘aim’. Tell yourself until you believe it; ‘I should not tolerate relationships that are not helping me because, what God wants, are relationships that would help me’.

This brings about a critical look at those things (processes) which God has determined before that person; before that relationship can genuinely be helpful, before that relationship can be right, before that relationship can bud.


So, I expect to see you… watch this space! *wink*


With love,
TheInspiredCutiee 😘 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2

If you missed Part 1, here is the link: http://theinspiredcutiee.blogspot.com.ng/2015/10/part-1.html#more Part 2: Habit A habit is something done repeatedly sometimes sometimes unconsciously. 40% of everything we do is done merely from habit. Experts say that a habit can be broken or formed in 30 days. I have bad habits, (cell phone addiction, PROCRASTINATION) some I don't even know how I'll be if I stop,(watching too much series) some I have stopped, (I used to suck my lower lip) and I'm sure you too have some habits that are bad. No judgment, habits form us, its when they are bad that it becomes a problem. Breaking a habit can seem overwhelming, especially when you have more than one. Choose a single habit and work on that until you are victorious before you pick up another one. Lemme share a classic example, I began to exercise daily few weeks ago, normal body pains are expected, but me I stopped.  I couldn't deal. On Saturday 24th October I

End It?

I love the series 'How To Get Away With Murder' not necessarily because of its name or its characters or storyline but because I love very good series scripts and the above is definitely on my top ten list. I'm not about to rave about the series, lol, (you can go online, download it or go to the nearest DVD retail outlet and 'grab your copy now') but to talk about the advice Annalise Keating (played by Viola Davis) gave to Nate's Wife - Nia Lahey (who is dying of ovarian cancer in the show) Here's an excerpt from the episode: Nia: I want you to end it Annalise: I'm sorry? Nia: I want you to kill me Then after so much consideration and guilty conscience, here is how it went down: Annalise: I think about it a lot; killing myself, I have ever since I was a child, lot of times I think the world would be a much better place without me in it, but I don't do it. You are a better woman than me, and if I don't deserve to die then you definitel

Part 1

In one of his songs, Nathaniel Bassey described Zechariah 4:6 (Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit; saith the Lord) as thus; So many of us have tried to fight addiction in the flesh, you've tried to stop that habit, you've tried to get out of that relationship, you've tried to break through, you've tried will power BUT its not by power not by might but by my Sprit saith the Lord. Hence the kick off of the series, (they don't follow each other in the traditional sense of series, think of it like American Horror Story Series) Part 1: ADDICTION Dictionary dot com defines it as the state of being enslaved to a habit, or practice or to something that is physiologically or physical habit-forming as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. A couple of months back, my brother and I were arguing over 'habit' 'addiction' and 'obsession', which comes first?, which is difficult to break? and so much more. Can