Skip to main content

Sunday Special

Food is bae, this can't be over emphasized!! . And when you meet someone who shares this philosophy.. Issall over jackie!! Lol.

Today's post is on SAE!
 Sobechi isn't your regular type of chef, she's going to be a barrister (just watch that space) *wink*, she's adventours, fun and edgy, a lover of God.
(P.S: her wife material isn't sold on earth )
I just had to find out more about her:

*What brought about SAE?
Cooking is my passion, I have always loved to cook, and so I kept wondering how I was going to start something different in my environment, that would make an impact, and as a student, we were just limited to rice, and more rice, students barely ate meals that were balanced, and rarely ate fresh healthy vegetables, and it was not scarce, and this I think is an important aspect of learning and growing, eating well.
So I sat down and brain stormed and asked for divine guidance from GOD, I actually started working with SWF (Sobechi With Food) but it still did not settle well, and so one day I stumbled on my sisters copy of PRAYER OF JABEZ, and I read it and just meditated on the words and wisdom of the little book, and prayed, and before I knew it God answered my prayers, and SAE was created.

*When did you start?
I actually started really small, by being present at various events and dinners in 2013, because I was still in school, so when I graduated in April of 2015, I asked my parents for permission to have a test run of the business idea, before I was posted to Law School, and so officially I started SAE in JUNE 2015, and it has been great, so great, beyond my expectations. Bless God.
 *As much as food is important, I'm sure you've had some challenges. Can you shed some light?
The usual challenge with starting a business is always getting capital, and funds, that was my major challenge, because I wasn’t so sure of how people would respond to the business idea, and taking a loan might have been risky, so once again I prayed, and decided to work with money I had saved up from university, and my sisters came through for me, and my mother willing gave up her kitchen.
Another challenge was delivery, I wanted to make sure the meals got delivered in perfect conditions, so I delivered myself, that was a huge challenge, I also worked solo, had no one assisting, because I wasn’t so strong on delegating duties, but by the grace of God I have been working on it, and gradually getting better.

*The journey so far?
It hasn’t been so smooth, but I am so determined to make sure my dreams become a reality, most importantly I have been able to learn a lot about the real world and dealing with people, it’s a great skill, and they don’t teach anyone that in school, so I am grateful for that. It has also had a positive impact on my self esteem and helped me be more confident of the fact that anything I put my mind to I can achieve. This trial run has been a huge success.

*What drives SAE?
My passion for one, and also I just want the whole world to have access to really great food, food that looks just like the pictures we put up, and twice as nice, at really reasonable prices. I want people to embrace eating well.


*What distinguishing mark do you think SAE has over other chefs?
Well, I think my passion for it will eventually do so.
*Do you ever feel like giving up?
I have never felt like giving up, more than anything, I love to cook, its my God given talent, and this is only the beginning, but I do get really tired, but after a good rest, I cant wait to get back in and cook up a storm, but if there ever comes a time that I feel like giving up, I will just keep reassuring myself with the prayer of Jabez and of course speak to people who have best interests at heart about my troubles, and work through it.


*Any advice to up and coming youngsters?
I can't really say much, because I am just starting off myself, but one thing I know for sure is that determination and courage, backed up with amazing family members and the protection of the Almighty God can take you to heights you never imagined, so never forget where you are coming from, call on God during the good and bad times. And most importantly put in the work, once you have a solid foundation you can build anything on it.
Always put in the work and be determined.


'Object' your palate to a legalized tasting in her court of meals. (See what I did there?? *smiles sheepishly*).
She can be reached via:
Phone number: 07082806916
Email: Sobechie.a@gmail.com
Instagram: King_sobechie



With love, theInspiredCutiee 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2

If you missed Part 1, here is the link: http://theinspiredcutiee.blogspot.com.ng/2015/10/part-1.html#more Part 2: Habit A habit is something done repeatedly sometimes sometimes unconsciously. 40% of everything we do is done merely from habit. Experts say that a habit can be broken or formed in 30 days. I have bad habits, (cell phone addiction, PROCRASTINATION) some I don't even know how I'll be if I stop,(watching too much series) some I have stopped, (I used to suck my lower lip) and I'm sure you too have some habits that are bad. No judgment, habits form us, its when they are bad that it becomes a problem. Breaking a habit can seem overwhelming, especially when you have more than one. Choose a single habit and work on that until you are victorious before you pick up another one. Lemme share a classic example, I began to exercise daily few weeks ago, normal body pains are expected, but me I stopped.  I couldn't deal. On Saturday 24th October I

End It?

I love the series 'How To Get Away With Murder' not necessarily because of its name or its characters or storyline but because I love very good series scripts and the above is definitely on my top ten list. I'm not about to rave about the series, lol, (you can go online, download it or go to the nearest DVD retail outlet and 'grab your copy now') but to talk about the advice Annalise Keating (played by Viola Davis) gave to Nate's Wife - Nia Lahey (who is dying of ovarian cancer in the show) Here's an excerpt from the episode: Nia: I want you to end it Annalise: I'm sorry? Nia: I want you to kill me Then after so much consideration and guilty conscience, here is how it went down: Annalise: I think about it a lot; killing myself, I have ever since I was a child, lot of times I think the world would be a much better place without me in it, but I don't do it. You are a better woman than me, and if I don't deserve to die then you definitel

Part 1

In one of his songs, Nathaniel Bassey described Zechariah 4:6 (Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit; saith the Lord) as thus; So many of us have tried to fight addiction in the flesh, you've tried to stop that habit, you've tried to get out of that relationship, you've tried to break through, you've tried will power BUT its not by power not by might but by my Sprit saith the Lord. Hence the kick off of the series, (they don't follow each other in the traditional sense of series, think of it like American Horror Story Series) Part 1: ADDICTION Dictionary dot com defines it as the state of being enslaved to a habit, or practice or to something that is physiologically or physical habit-forming as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. A couple of months back, my brother and I were arguing over 'habit' 'addiction' and 'obsession', which comes first?, which is difficult to break? and so much more. Can