Skip to main content

Lazy Monday

Heyy!!
 
Public Holidays on Mondays are a bliss.
I woke up like 9am, had my bath like 5pm; I have barely moved from one spot sef *smiles sheepishly*

Anyway, I decided to watch this movie 'The Lobster' written and directed by Yorgos Lanthimos. (Yeah if you've seen it, I know I carried last, and if you haven't; hehe jokes on you). It stars Collins Farrell as David (he had to be fat for this character, well not fat but not regular Collins either, lol. P.S: you got to love his accent) and Rachael Weisz as the short sighted woman, and some other actors and actresses.
When someone asked me what the movie was about I said 'its not something to be described in a few words'

What intrigued me and I decided to see it was the caption; An unconventional love story. (Lemme just say that love movies are blehh and too predictable, and this clearly said unconventional). In my opinion the whole movie was unconventional.
I asked myself 'this idea was in someone's mind?'

Heard of Utopian? The movie is dystopian. The city in which single people are given 45 days to find a partner (note: not fall in love) or be turned into an animal.
They are against single people sef. There was a scene where David (Collins Farrell) was standing by himself and a police man asked for his marriage certificate, and because he was single he had to lie that it was in his wife's purse and she was shopping for something. The police man was about to begin the hunt for 'the wife' when she just appeared and was like 'darling sorry for keeping you waiting'. Imagine?!
Biko I don't want to live in a time like that if it ever happens.

I believe the essence of the movie was to expose the pros and cons of being in a relationship and being single.

You don't even want me to start on how the movie ended (lol, see what I did there?). It reminded me of The book in the Fault in our stars -Imperial Affliction by Peter Van Houten .

I guess that's my form of a review.

Well that's just one of the things I did today.
I hope your day was amazing.


With love, theInspiredCutiee 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List

As we countdown hours to the end of the year, in every corner there seem to be lists of things that happened this year; they maybe favorite or worsts, or top experiences or things that made history, sha lists. (you get my drift right?). I don't think I have sat down to draw up a 'list' well expect when I was applying for a job and they specifically said give 10 reasons why we should hire you. Yeah that happened. Lol. So I have been thinking, really thinking. A whole lot can happen in a year, emphasis on  'whole lot'. Except you write every detail of what happens daily and not miss a day (I wonder if there are people that are this deep) you are bound to forget some things. The movie 'INSIDE OUT' depicted how our mind works. (If you've seen it; you have an idea of what I'm talking about, if you've not I don't know what you are waiting for) There are too many things that have happened this year for me as an individual, in fact as a...

Sunday Special

FEAR Where can I hide from this scary beast I'm so tired of attending these feasts I have been held bound by your lies  You told me I can't go beyond where I am My whole life I had dreams that would transform the world I saw myself sitting with Kings Dinning with Princes But In reality,all that was on my plate was hate I looked around and saw regret You made me feel comfortable, here on this dinning table Feeding me with stories of how I can't, How I wouldn't be able to! You told me they would laugh at me the moment I opened my mouth to speak That explains why everyone thinks I'm weak I got letters of Invitation from greatness You tore them right before my eyes You took me out once in a while to see your friends,mediocrity, status quo and Impossibility They seemed cool at the time Till I met faith Then I realised my whole life has been a deception All this while I was at the wrong reception Faith took me on a walk and showed me all the things I ...

Part 3

In case you missed it, here's  Part 1 and Part 2 The next step is Reach Out! Verse 22 says the father wasn't listening; he was already calling out to the servants. He didn’t wait for the son to finish his apology speech. He reached out in compassion, he reached out in forgiveness. That is a sign for us too as individuals, don’t always be the one to be reached. This is Christmas period, reach out to someone.  Today my younger sister and her friends went to Old people's home to clean up for them. They didn't have to give them any material thing. What made me laugh was when she said the prayers were much; I mean old people can pray. I told her it is a good thing. But this doesn't mean that you should always expect something when you reach out.  I hope this week you reach out to someone or even a group of people. And I know God is preparing your special package because nothing you do goes unnoticed by Him; man might not be able to thank you but He ...